Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the Smiling Stiletto Blog! We are starting a new phase and I wanted to share our stories here. Smiling Stiletto is a relaunch of an organization that was founded in 2004 by Melissa O'Shea- the Hello Stiletto Shoe Club. Hello Stiletto was a social organization for women who love shoes. The organization grew over the years to over 10,000 members with local chapters across the country. In Boston, we have almost 3,000 members alone. I joined Hello Stiletto in 2007 after reading an article in the Boston Globe. Over the years, I went to many great events and met a lot of wonderful people, including one of my closest friends. Melissa moved to Atlanta last year and in January I took over planning events in Boston for Hello Stiletto. I wanted to keep the group going- it was too much fun to let it disappear.

Melissa decided to reduce her role and step back from running Hello Stiletto except for the Atlanta Chapter. We decided in May to rebrand the group and that's where things stand now. I'm in the middle of a rebranding. Hello Stiletto is becoming Smiling Stiletto. I registered our new domain name. My website host who runs my work website, Project Smile, created a Smiling Stiletto email address for me. I have a friend who is working on our new logo and another friend is designing a free website for us. I started a new Smiling Stiletto Facebook page a couple of weeks ago. I already started using the new Constant Contact event marketing service to promote our Shoe Club parties- the response has been great. We haven't officially informed our members of the rebranding yet, but I'm gradually incorporating some of the changes. I'm waiting until our new website and logo is ready before we send out the official email announcing the change. I'm still planning the same fun events that we always used to do, so that isn't changing at all.

Well, that's it for now. I will be posting again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment