Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Welcome 2013! It is a new year and I'm re-committing to my Smiling Stiletto blog! I keep intending to write more often, but I've been pretty bad about it. I have a blog for my full time job, Project Smile, so I spend a lot of time on that blog. In the spirit of new year's resolutions, I am committing to blogging at least once a month about Smiling Stiletto!

2012 was a wonderful year for the Shoe Club. We had so many fun events. The Copley Place fashions shows were the biggest events and they were great. We just booked our Step into Spring fashion show at Copley Place- Thursday, April 25, 6pm. We're only doing one show this year at Copley, so this event will be extra special. This week, I've been working on reaching out to food and beverage vendors as well as a host for the event. We've booked a new food vendor- a sandwich shop which just opened last month on Newbury Street. I left a message yesterday with the woman who handles catering. She called me today, it turns out she is also one of the owners. She was so amazingly nice on the phone and was happy to participate. We also have a soda vendor on board for the first time. Finale is returning to provide some more delicious desserts! We are off to a good start for vendors!

One of my favorite events last year besides the fashion show was our 1st Annual Diamond Drop. DeScenza Diamonds in Peabody reached out to us in the fall about having an event at their store. I was a little reluctant at first, because attendance has been lower at some of the events we've tried outside of Boston. They came out to Framingham to meet with me and they planned a phenomenal event. We had the event the week after Thanksgiving, so it tied in with holiday shopping. DeScenza provided guests with complimentary cocktails, wine and champagne along with a delicious selection of hot and cold appetizers and desserts. They offered guests a 10% discount and then they donated 10% of sales to Project Smile. They also gave all the ladies really cute black t-shirts with a tasteful diamond slogan. They also did some amazing prizes for the Best-in-Shoe walk-off competition. Best of all- they gave away a diamond pendant necklace worth $7K to one lucky winner! It was an amazing night! I don't live anywhere near Peabody, but it is the type of event that if I saw it posted, I would definitely attend. The young woman who won the necklace was so excited that she had tears in her eyes! We had an awesome attendance and we received a $500 donation for Project Smile which was great. We've already booked our event this year. It will be the Thursday after Thanksgiving- same as last year.  Here is a photo of the necklace winner!



We had our first event of 2013 tonight- a cocktail party at a new bar in the Faneuil Hall area called the Wild Rover.  The venue did a wonderful job- they provided a huge selection of complimentary appetizers, a large private area with our own bartender and a DJ. I love working with venues like that. The event was a lot of fun. There were a few new members as well which was great.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. We have so many fun events coming up, I'm really excited for this year. I promise that I will be blogging more frequently! Until next time... keep smiling in those stilettos!



No comments:

Post a Comment